Harman 52i - TC Newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sdavis6635

Feb 6, 2019
Ct
Hello,
Brand new to pellet stoves and I just got a Harman 52i-tc pellet insert installed. Seems like I have an awful lot of clinkers using barefoot pellets. Is there a way to get more air into the stove, and if so would that help. My flame also seems awfully high continually touching the top of the stove. Is that bad?

I have Harmon XXV and have yet to see Clinker. I had trouble recently and found my exhaust needed cleaning. While fiddling with it I found way to increase airflow.

The OAK fitting on the stove has flap and only is open about an inch. I put strong magnet there to hold it open 100%. It did help with my problem. But cleaning the chimney did the trick.

I was uncomfortable with leaving the magnet there but for test.

Do you have the oak setup? I sounds like it wants more air.

O A K = outside air kit
feeds the stove air from outside for combustion
instead of using heated inside air
If your house is tight you should have a OAK