Harman 52i zero clearance cabinet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hammacirca

Jun 19, 2023
New york
Installing a Harman 52i in new construction in a zero clearance cabinet. Asked the dealer when I bought the box if there were other installation parts I would need. Said no. Didnt realize it was "just a box". Went back today and they sold me the fresh air kit and the exhaust kit. Back home and nowhere to mount the kit parts. Do I need to buy the mounting bracket too? Dealer didn't provide suggestion to buy the mounting bracket although I described my installation. Cant find much info in the googleverse. Found a few illustrations. Harman instructions contain minimal info.

Welcome to the forum!
I can't help as I do not know your installation
Most people have left the forum for the summer so it may take
awhile to get an answer
Good Luck

As with DIY instalss of a furnace, boiler or whater heater, all pellet stoves are just a box. Unless they advertise as having all install material, and then it is a basic install and nothing more (and maybe not even an OAK, just the exhaust).

Not having an insert or zero clearance stove, I am unsure about the actual install. The stove may need a adapter to the exhaust pipe. I would think the install manual could help there.

If you are talking about supporting the exhaust at a vertical, then you probably need to buy brackets - but it depends on the method of install too.

Seems the dealer is not as helpful as he could be if you described the project in depth to him.