Harman Absolute 63 or XXV TC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tim M.

Dec 31, 2012
Falmouth, ME
Another post where someone asks all of you which stove I should buy ........ doesn't look like too many users on here are Absolute 63 owners. The XXV TC seems like a tried and true quality pellet heater, Absolute 63 seems to be newer model without too many reviews available online.

Everyone got an opinion as they say ... if you have one on either of these stoves I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

I think you're deciding factor should be what do you need for BTU output. Absolute has a higher output and has a better efficiency rating on Harmens website. I think the XXV looks better.

I went with the XXV (No LCD). So far seems like good quiet unit. Swapped out Blaze King King and put in Harmon XXV using the 8" Pipe with adapter. I look forward to Winter.

I went with the XXV (No LCD). So far seems like good quiet unit. Swapped out Blaze King King and put in Harmon XXV using the 8" Pipe with adapter. I look forward to Winter.

So it’s okay to just blow forces pellet exhaust into a metal wood chimney with regular unsealed joints? Can you adapt to black stove pipe or must you go all the way to the class A chimney?

So it’s okay to just blow forces pellet exhaust into a metal wood chimney with regular unsealed joints? Can you adapt to black stove pipe or must you go all the way to the class A chimney?
It's sealed with heat type caulking. No leaks. Done professionally. Inspected by Building Inspector. Had to get permit. Pipe is straight up then 90d turn into wall and then 90 turn up and above roof line. Pipe is not in Chimney, but just double lined pipe. Chrome Outside.

It's this type of Pipe.
Selkirk Metalbestos All Fuel Class A Chimney Pipe

Reactions: Highbeam