Harman accentra Hearthpad Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roady

Oct 10, 2009
P.E.I. Canada
Hello everyone. New to this so here goes. Picking up a new Harmon Accentra & would like some information on how big I should make my corner hearth pad. Was thinking of something like 42". If some of you with the accentra could give me a measurement from the corner to the front of the stove would be great.

Roady said:
Hello everyone. New to this so here goes. Picking up a new Harmon Accentra & would like some information on how big I should make my corner hearth pad. Was thinking of something like 42". Would this be close. thanks
when i built mine i first check what the stove manufacturer wanted for clearances and then built it from there.....i got picks of the process.....if only i could post them here for ya might give u an idea.....tried to post pics but it said they were to big....good luck

Manual says 24.something by 28.something. 2 inches on each side, 6 in front and 0 in back. This is a small stove footprint and requires it seems a small hearth. So 25 by 29 or 29 by 29 is about the minimum. I would be curious to see your result as I am debating the same issue...
Anka

I made mine 40". 3 12" tiles; cut the front corner in half; then add a 4" border around the outer edge. The front edge of the base of the stove is 7 1/4" from the edge of the hearth pad.
the front edge of the top of the stove is 39.5" from the corner; (the base is not exactly the same as the top...but close). I didn't remove the baseboard when I installed it, so that adds 1/2" to the distance from the sheetrock walls.

I posted pics a year ago when I made it....I'll see if I can find 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.