Harman Accentra II Burn Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Viggy

Nov 30, 2019
Massachusetts
Happy Holidays folks! I am new to New England and a pellet stove and have cleaned out the front side after the winter season but, I noticed a smoke smell when I fired it up for the first time this year, so, I am going through a major cleaning, replacing gaskets and an ignitor.
Anyone had any experience replacing the gasket on the burn pot? I see the four nuts on the burn side of the stove but, I don't want to dive into disassembling until I have a plan.

If you're smelling smoke it's more likely a leak in the vent pipe somewhere. My stove usually smokes a bit on startup but once it gets going it's smoke free. Using a good flashlight in a darkened room I can see if there's any smoke leaking from the vent pipe.