Harman Accentra Insert filling with smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If your stove fails to light on auto, do a thorough cleaning of the burn pot, you may have a heavy carbon layer blocking all the holes to the igniter. The carbon can be very difficult to remove, I use the scraper and put some muscle into it when scraping. Also with the power to the stove off, loosen thumbscrews and remove the cover under burn pot, use your finger and remove any dust that has accumulated then shine a light from the top of burn pot and see if your holes are blocked. If they are use a small Allen wrench and poke the carbon out of the holes. it can be tedious but will greatly improve the performance.

Reactions: Ssyko
All sounds good. Stove is still running nicely, which is good, so it was a blocked flue after all. I will get the higher-amperage combustion blower. When I clean, I do a thorough job scraping the burn pot, opening upon cover under the burn pot and sucking out all ash. Admittedly, I haven't done the hex key trick to the holes since last year, so I will do that next time it is off. Good tip. Thanks again, everyone.