Harman Accentra Insert issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanC

Nov 4, 2008
Maryland
I had my Harman installed in July and fired it up for the first time about 2 weeks ago. For the first week the stove performed perfectly with no issues, only kicking on occassionally in evenings and overnight to take the chill off. We have kept the stove set at room temp, medium, 75 degrees with a feed rate of 3. Starting the 2nd week I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed the room temp by the stove at 64 degrees. I know this by keeping a thermometer in the same room with the stove. The previous week the stove would kick on when the room temp fell to 68. I was able that night to get the stove to turn on by bumping the temp to ~72. Througout the 2nd week I found the stove very inconsistent of when it would turn on, and it would always shut off short of the temperature (by 2 degrees) it was sent to.

Mid way in the 2nd week, I notice the stove pushing about a handful of pellets into the ash pan before ignition. Again this never happened the first week. So this past weekend to remove all variables, I performed a thorough cleaning of the inside the stove cleaning the burn pot, heat exchanger, and vacumed out the ignitor area. This evening, I fired up the stove for the first time since cleaning, and it took over 25 mins to ignite, pushing lots of pellets before ignition.

I contacted the dealer regarding the temperature issue, and they indicated they spoke to Harman and their response is to connect an external programmable thermostat. I indicated to them this should not be necessary and insisted they contact Harman again for resolution. That was Friday and haven't heard back. I plan to stop by their store tomorrow. Are these issues, or am I just nit picking. I'm thinking it's a control unit issue. I've already checked the temp probe and it is clean. They have it attached the underneath of the ash lip, which I've been told should be easy to remove but it won't budge.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sean

Spoke to the dealer today and he contacted Harman, and they said there can be up to a 5 degree difference before the stove will kick on.

Status
Not open for further replies.