harman accentra insert wont keep lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidG

Dec 12, 2015
ma
hello,
i have a accentra insert 2006 it wont stay running. it lights then basically goes out. any ideas?

Have you run the self test? And then give it a good deep clean.

yes to both

Okay, I'm guessing here, that the self test works. Have you done a reset, unplug the power for 60 seconds? Are the pellets feeding? And what can you say about the pellets? What mode are running the stove, e.g., room or stove temp, manual or auto? Have you tried running it in a different mode?

Some more info would be helpful for the forum members to better assist you.

Using Tractor Supply pellets I have tried both modes manual and automatic the stove was just moved from upstairs to downstairs by a professional company they also replace the auger motor because it was frozen both ways that lights up fine but just won't keep going seems to just die out have replaced the esp and the low pressure switch I am being told that it set for about a year before we bought the house I have done $1 tests on the doors gasket and they seem to be fine it looks like they were just replaced not too long ago

Have you tried what I call pushing the feed, when fire is dying down I put the stove into test and it will run all motors for a minute and fire will build up nicely as its getting a lot of fuel.
Are the dip switches properly set? If one is not right it won't feed enough fuel to get the stove to temp in the allotted time before it thinks its a misfire and shuts down.
Another thing and has happened several times to others is the polarity of the outlet if not right fouls the brains of Harman stoves. I use a cheap plug in tester that is around $6 and finds simple faults and polarity of outlets. I prefer using a good UPS and they usually have a indicator of proper ground and polarity.

Have you tried what I call pushing the feed, when fire is dying down I put the stove into test and it will run all motors for a minute and fire will build up nicely as its getting a lot of fuel.
Are the dip switches properly set? If one is not right it won't feed enough fuel to get the stove to temp in the allotted time before it thinks its a misfire and shuts down.
Another thing and has happened several times to others is the polarity of the outlet if not right fouls the brains of Harman stoves. I use a cheap plug in tester that is around $6 and finds simple faults and polarity of outlets. I prefer using a good UPS and they usually have a indicator of proper ground and polarity.

Yes I have tried pushing it and it seems to work a little bit better where do I find out what the switches are supposed to be set at I do have one of those that tells me that the plug is all set could it be because its not on its own plug does it need to be on its on plug

They should have sent a paper with the settings for the dip switches.
I would recommend the stove be on its own outlet and protected with at least a surge protector per manufactures recommendations.

They should have sent a paper with the settings for the dip switches.
I would recommend the stove be on its own outlet and protected with at least a surge protector per manufactures recommendations.

I can scan the dip switch info for you...I just replaced my board, it came in the box. Give me a few minutes....

Here you go. Let's hope this works...

Attachments

• dips.pdf
    203.5 KB · Views: 365
Thanks for info I don't see any switch could they be behind panel??

Yeah, you need to pull control panel. Here is what the board might look like...this was the board I eventually replaced. Looking at the upper right area the dip switch is on the other side.
I saw with my own setup that if one was to pull the control panel face (it's just a plastic label) away from the metal door assembly there was an area that could be used to access the dips.

Click on #10 below...it will bring you to another thread with this pic.

Yeah, you need to pull control panel. Here is what the board might look like...this was the board I eventually replaced. Looking at the upper right area the dip switch is on the other side.
I saw with my own setup that if one was to pull the control panel face (it's just a plastic label) away from the metal door assembly there was an area that could be used to access the dips.
view.php
OK thank you

Unplug your stove if you go tinkering. Otherwise it could be a costly mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.