Harman Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweed said:
movemaine said:
At first, I also ran on auto mode and didn't love it. Since running in stove temp, the heat is more consistent and is able to "build up" - In auto mode, the stove will ramp up and then ramp way down, I don't think that fluctuation allows the heat to distribute throughout the whole house.

The control loop on the thermostat sounds too short. are you able to move it to a location farther from the stove where you want more heat?

My probe is located on the air intake on the bottom left, under the control panel. I'm fine with it's location.
The reason is that my setup is different than most - the probe is fairly accurate, but the stove is on a basement level of a trilevel home. So it's half open to the kitchen (like a sunk in room). The stove throws out the heat, and the heat goes right into the main level, unimpeded. (see post in my sig for a heat diagram)

I have a thermostat for my boiler in the same room as my stove (on a sidewall) and I have another thermostat in the kitchen that is directly facing where the large opening to the stove room. The kitchen thermostat will show a higher temp than the stove room thermostat, because it's getting the heat flow.

So for me, I base how hot to run my stove based on the 2 thermostats on the main level (the kitchen and living room), because if I were to base it off of the stove room's temp, it wouldn't give me the complete picture.

movemaine said:
bee_2102 said:
Just curious as to what everyone runs their distribution blower on? I would think that if you're not running it on high, then you are losing heat output??? After running this for 3 days now, I am not real impressed with the thermostat when running it on Room Temp mode. I have read alot on here that the majority seem to prefer Stove Mode and you get that consistent heat output.

At first, I also ran on auto mode and didn't love it. Since running in stove temp, the heat is more consistent and is able to "build up" - In auto mode, the stove will ramp up and then ramp way down, I don't think that fluctuation allows the heat to distribute throughout the whole house.

When it's cold, I keep my stove temp on 75 and medium. On a warmer day, I drop it to low. Works like a charm.

I am in the same boat as you where I am heating the basement and it's also heating my first floor, so I think I would like that consistent heat output. When I get home I think I will switch to Stove Mode. How many bags per day are you burning in Stove Mode?

Ejectr said:
Is this a good deal on an Acentra Free Standing? It's new never used, but probably around a 2008 or 2009 model. Dealer went out of business and is selling inventory that they have left:
Harman Accentra FS
http://www.harmanstoves.com/products/details.asp?cat=stoves&prd=pellet-stoves&f=ACCPSTV
Our best selling pellet stove by Harman
One of the highest quality pellet stoves available. Easy to use, dependable, with climate control and all safety features. The very best stove for installing in rentals.
Retail: $3299. Sale: $2699
1 left

its a "meh" deal......$3349 locally, and thats with 2 tons of pellets included.....and there's a $100 coupon available.......so, $3349-$100-$498 (pellets) = $2751........and thats a brand new stove, no chain drive feeder, with a full warrantee, warranted by a dealer who is still in business, and has access to parts when ya need them....my money would be to pass it up......too much downside risk to save $52.....

bee_2102 said:
movemaine said:
bee_2102 said:
Just curious as to what everyone runs their distribution blower on? I would think that if you're not running it on high, then you are losing heat output??? After running this for 3 days now, I am not real impressed with the thermostat when running it on Room Temp mode. I have read alot on here that the majority seem to prefer Stove Mode and you get that consistent heat output.

When it's cold, I keep my stove temp on 75 and medium. On a warmer day, I drop it to low. Works like a charm.

I am in the same boat as you where I am heating the basement and it's also heating my first floor, so I think I would like that consistent heat output. When I get home I think I will switch to Stove Mode. How many bags per day are you burning in Stove Mode?

I did the math a few weeks ago, when I mixed auto and stove temp, I burned about 1.3 bags a day. Going on full stove mode, I'm probably at 1.5 bags for a full 24 hour cycle. But, I haven't done the math - being in stove mode does burn a few more pellets, but at the same time my stove isn't ramping up and burning on high to try to get the room up to temp. To me it makes more sense to just keep it at temp, and don't play the fluctuation game.

Status
Not open for further replies.