Harman Accentra Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, that's right, the auger stopped and fire eventually died out. Forgot to mention that!

Harman Lover 007 said:
Delta-T said:
it could be an ESP issue, or a CB issue....but, there is a chance everything is actually ok. The unit will run until the ESP reads below 90F. If the room is really warm, then it might not get to 90F even with the tiny pulses of the auger. It will then just keep pulsing until it runs out of pellets. The only way to really know is to plug in the DDM computer to the CB and see what temps the ESP is reading. If those temps are close to 90F then I'd suspect everything is ok, but its just too warm in the room. If the ESP reads some outlandish number, then you start looking at new probe or new CB. WHat is the timeframe from ignition to when the Distribution fan kicks on? If its about 5 minutes then I suspect everything is actually ok, just not getting quite to 90F when trying to shut down. I've seen units fired up in the summer continue to run the fans for hours after there is no fire just because the ESP is reading 91F.

If the auger never stops pulsing even with the CB knob in the off position, how will the stack temp ever get below 91? There has to be something wrong if you can't shut the stove off, no?

I know, it seems very counter intuative....and it is. Really, the auger will continue to pulse until 90F. Sometimes it will just go and go like energizer bunny.

Delta-T said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
Delta-T said:
it could be an ESP issue, or a CB issue....but, there is a chance everything is actually ok. The unit will run until the ESP reads below 90F. If the room is really warm, then it might not get to 90F even with the tiny pulses of the auger. It will then just keep pulsing until it runs out of pellets. The only way to really know is to plug in the DDM computer to the CB and see what temps the ESP is reading. If those temps are close to 90F then I'd suspect everything is ok, but its just too warm in the room. If the ESP reads some outlandish number, then you start looking at new probe or new CB. WHat is the timeframe from ignition to when the Distribution fan kicks on? If its about 5 minutes then I suspect everything is actually ok, just not getting quite to 90F when trying to shut down. I've seen units fired up in the summer continue to run the fans for hours after there is no fire just because the ESP is reading 91F.

If the auger never stops pulsing even with the CB knob in the off position, how will the stack temp ever get below 91? There has to be something wrong if you can't shut the stove off, no?

I know, it seems very counter intuative....and it is. Really, the auger will continue to pulse until 90F. Sometimes it will just go and go like energizer bunny.

All night until it runs out of pellets? My P61A doesn't do that.

Harman Lover 007 said:
Delta-T said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
Delta-T said:

thats too long...unless the house is still at about 90F....most likely bad ESP for that one.

Delta-T said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
Delta-T said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
Delta-T said:

thats too long...unless the house is still at about 90F....most likely bad ESP for that one.

Thanks Delta T and everyone that has offered advice. He is going to wait and see if the condition continues when the weather gets colder and the stove is being used more often.

Could you tell if the esp was shaped like a point? Or was it rounded?

iceman said:

Rounded.

Harman Lover 007 said:
iceman said:

Rounded.

Usually when its a point its a sign that the esp is worn...
Has it been replaced at all?
Try turning the stove up and see what it does... Set it to 80-85 room temp and see if it will shut off close the room doors to get it toasty ..
I am thinking esp could be fine maybe csb
Did you reset the stove?
Let it run it may correct itself since its now clean

iceman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
iceman said:

Rounded.

Usually when its a point its a sign that the esp is worn...
Has it been replaced at all?
Try turning the stove up and see what it does... Set it to 80-85 room temp and see if it will shut off close the room doors to get it toasty ..
I am thinking esp could be fine maybe csb
Did you reset the stove?
Let it run it may correct itself since its now clean

Thats what I told him...let it run and see if it clears up. I did the manual reset during the cleaning. He called me this morning to say that he ran it last night and it shut off in auto mode. I'm not convinced that it is resolved but we will wait and see. THANKS so much to all who weighed in on this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.