HARMAN ACCENTRA PELLET INSERT, NOT RE-LIGHTING?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurlange

Jul 14, 2008
MA
ANY TIPS? STOVE WILL LIGHT ON INITIAL START, AND WHEN I UNPLUG STOVE AND PLUG IT BACK IN. BUT WHEN IT REACHES TEMP, GOES OUT AND TRIES TO RE LIGHT PELLETS ARE IN POT AND 5 BLINKS ON CONTROL PANEL, WHICH IN MANUAL SAYS STOVE DID NOT LIGHT.

arthurlange said:
ANY TIPS? STOVE WILL LIGHT ON INITIAL START, AND WHEN I UNPLUG STOVE AND PLUG IT BACK IN. BUT WHEN IT REACHES TEMP, GOES OUT AND TRIES TO RE LIGHT PELLETS ARE IN POT AND 5 BLINKS ON CONTROL PANEL, WHICH IN MANUAL SAYS STOVE DID NOT LIGHT.

On the insert you might find that the pellets aren't dropping down the hopper...especially if you are using substandard pellets...say like Maine Woods...(had to get my Maine Woods dig). Also check out the build up in the burn pot. You will find these problems rarely happen when you use a quality pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.