Harman Accentra Pellet Stove Insert pressure switch issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DanM

Mar 20, 2022
New Paltz, NY
Hi, any help here would be appreciated. I have tried everything and I am still not getting my stove to run due to the vacuum pressure switch being tripped and not allowing the auger to get power. I have tried everything but maybe I am missing something. First thought the auger motor was bad so I replaced it. No Luck! Then I bypassed the pressure switch and the auger got power so I thought the pressure switch was bad..so replaced that and nope, same problem. I cleaned the stove 2 times and the vent is as free and clean as possible. I then replaced the gasket on the door and sill nothing. So something is making that pressure switch trip since when I did bypass it, it got power to the auger motor. I took off the hose and blew it Just in case there was something in there. I am stuck and have nothing let to do but call a service guy...ugh..I feel defeated lol. HELP!

Do you mean the vacuum switch? Did you check it for continuity? Is it installed correctly? If it's upside down, it won't work.

Is the hose OK, no splits or small cracks ? The stove runs totally OK with the switch jumped??

Is the hose OK, no splits or small cracks ? The stove runs totally OK with the switch jumped??
Yes, the stove is great w/ I jumped the switch. the parts of the hose I can see looks fine but 1/2 of it looks like it goes into the unit but I cannot see where it ends up. Any ideas?

Yes, the stove is great w/ I jumped the switch. the parts of the hose I can see looks fine but 1/2 of it looks like it goes into the unit but I cannot see where it ends up. Any ideas?
Check to make sure there are no pellets around the hopper gasket area. Friend of mine just went thru the same aggravation and turned out he had a few pellets stuck there breaking the vacuum