Harman Advance limited heat after control board replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pelletpug

Jan 30, 2022
Central MA
Hi, We heat our open floor plan with a an older Harman Advance, say 2004 or so. This summer we had to replace the control board done by our service person. The stove is not running as hot as it did prior to this replacement. Heat output does not seem to increase with room temp set at 72 or higher up to the Max. This is the same with the feed rate, it seems to feed the same amount on 3 as on 4 on and up. I have read just about every post on this forum about related issues. The stove is clean, the ESP is clean, it has good seals and the list goes on and on. I have done everything but deal with the control board. It runs a wee bit hotter on room temp and seems to put out less heat on stove temp. I am left thinking my dip switch settings are wrong. Does this make sense to others? Does anyone know how I access the back of that board? I do not see screws to remove it on the model I have. I see some Allen bolts but they are on large side panel where the control board is. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Reactions: bbechtel16
Here is the side panel in reference above.

2EBF23C9-C71D-47FD-89D6-7C2A09FB87DE.jpeg