Harman Allure50 thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manly

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2017
CT
I will search the data base for views on the Harman Allure. I don’t know anything about them but we do like the styling. Next year we are looking to upsize our Ravelli Francesca with a significant size increase. Along with the larger Ravelli models the Allure caught our eye with its European styling. Also thinking the Harmon might be easier for servicing and maintenance. Any thoughts or input is appreciated.

last year I done exactly as you are looking to do, went from a Francesca to the Allure. The Allure is working great and I love it, I only need to fill the hopper once or twice a week, it's definately much easier to clean then the Francesca and don't need to be cleaned nearly as often.The Allure does a great job of keeping the house with in 1 deg. of the set temp. The only downside of the Allure for me is that the Francesca burned hardwoods better because I could dial it in for hardwoods vs the Allure where it's pretty much set and forget and I blame that because the Allure is so much bigger that it just spends so much time idling or cycling off and on. There is a hidden dealer menu that I have the code to access which allows you to make feed and blower adjustments and I did try changing some settings but it didn't seem to help much so I just put it back to factory settings and just burn mostly softwoods or a mix of soft and hardwoods.

last year I done exactly as you are looking to do, went from a Francesca to the Allure. The Allure is working great and I love it, I only need to fill the hopper once or twice a week, it's definately much easier to clean then the Francesca and don't need to be cleaned nearly as often.The Allure does a great job of keeping the house with in 1 deg. of the set temp. The only downside of the Allure for me is that the Francesca burned hardwoods better because I could dial it in for hardwoods vs the Allure where it's pretty much set and forget and I blame that because the Allure is so much bigger that it just spends so much time idling or cycling off and on. There is a hidden dealer menu that I have the code to access which allows you to make feed and blower adjustments and I did try changing some settings but it didn't seem to help much so I just put it back to factory settings and just burn mostly softwoods or a mix of soft and hardwoods.

Thanks. This is the kind of info I am looking for. How is the overall sound level compared to the Francesca? I have been burning softwood pellets exclusively with our Francesca mainly because it was recommend and we have had good results with them. During cold spells here the Francesca just doesn’t have the output we could use. The Allure might be more than we need but I’m sure it can be adjusted accordingly. The stove sits in a corner of the dining room. I will have to get the dimensions off the Allure spec sheet and make sure it will not be overpowering in the corner.

Idling along or on a low burn the noise is about the same as the Francesca but if it cranks up full bore and both convection fans get cranking it gets pretty loud. Definitely check your area for size because the Allure is a big heavy beast compared to the Franseca.