Harman Almost Smothered The Flame On Start-Up of Constant Burn #7

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, I just recently cleaned the fines box as well and surprisingly the stove seemed to be producing more heat for that little effort. But this particular time it was stuffed. Had no start up issue though.
yes.... we forgot to mention the ole fines box.......
I usually get to that once a month....

On my knees is really the first problem, especially now since the knee surgery, not ready for on my knees just yet. So now that means on one knee, the other bent, long arms, tall . Well things don't line up. I could probably do it but through the ash pan door, I just lay on the floor and it's right there.
I put a thick pillow on the floor to kneel on since we have wood floors... still tweeks my back abit after maybe 20 minutes "in the hole"

Reactions: bogieb
I put a thick pillow on the floor to kneel on since we have wood floors... still tweeks my back abit after maybe 20 minutes "in the hole"

That's why I put mine on a 12" riser. I can squat & get to just about everything.

Just finished with the cleaning INSIDE. Fines box was about 1/2 full of sawdust & pellets.
Going out to brush the vent & then fire it back up til the ash pan is full again.

That's why I put mine on a 12" riser. I can squat & get to just about everything.

Forgot that mine are on blocks - the P61 on 12" and the P43 on 4" (plus 1.5" pad)

Reactions: alternativeheat
Forgot that mine are on blocks - the P61 on 12" and the P43 on 4" (plus 1.5" pad)
My Wish List:
A shop Vac with a 9"x 13" attached head.. the exact size of my stove opening so I can put it against the stove and whoola!!
2 seconds and everything get's sucked out...

My Wish List:
A shop Vac with a 9"x 13" attached head.. the exact size of my stove opening so I can put it against the stove and whoola!!
2 seconds and everything get's sucked out...
That would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.