Harman auger end bent.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
The end of my auger is bent from hitting it when I scrape the burn Pot. I noticed the last pic in the "cracked tube thread" also has the same damage as me but the first pics of a different stove have no damage at all. Are other people bending their augers while scraping? I am considering removing the auger and welding a REAL piece of steel to the end.

if you are bending the end of your auger you are putting to much on the tool you are using to clean the burn pot. or the end of the vain is worn thin and is fragile. the auger is covered under the stove warranty that is 6 yrs.? not the electrical warranty 2-3 yrs

get the auger replaced if you bend it during cleaning it is to thin. In 2004-2006 harman had a auger problem where it was to thin. The new stoves the ones without a micro switch on the feed arm anything after 2000 does not have this. If the end of the auger wears down to the shaft you have a greater risk of a burn back into the hopper. the auger is desinged to also be a gate to prevent burn backs while the slide plate is open. the auger tip should be about to your first index finger joint if not replace it. As;p we belive this is the cause to the sticky feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.