Harman average flame height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AddictiveStew

Burning Hunk
Mar 13, 2013
PA
Been loving the pellet stove so far! I know it's almost over but she's been a lifesaver in this shoulder season. House stays nice and toasty! My question is... what is the optimum flame height? Mine varies between 3 inches high all the way to touching the tubes. I think I have her dialed in to right around 6" or so. Is that where I want to be? I've searched this forum and Google and can't seem to find a straight answer. I do that, then I see pictures on Harman's site of their stoves running with a bigger flame. What say you, pellet heads?

Depends on your pellets and how much you heat you ideally need... All the feed rate does is control the MAXIMUM feed rate AKA BTU output.

On max feed rate my fire always touches the tubes.

On 3ish probably 4-6 inch flame on average?

I typically run 3-4 feed rate like everyone else, until temperatures start dropping to the -10 through -40s, which is when I max the feed rate because I need it.

Depends on your pellets and how much you heat you ideally need... All the feed rate does is control the MAXIMUM feed rate AKA BTU output.

On max feed rate my fire always touches the tubes.

On 3ish probably 4-6 inch flame on average?

I typically run 3-4 feed rate like everyone else, until temperatures start dropping to the -10 through -40s, which is when I max the feed rate because I need it.

Gotcha. I had to tweak some things to get the feed rate correct (long story, frankenstein stove)... but now on 3 I get about a 6" flame. Glad to know I can kick the thing on high if I want with no worries. I didn't know if there was anything to worry about with a big flame in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.