Harman: Feed rate on ashy pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

miteclipse

Burning Hunk
Mar 8, 2013
Hughesville, MD
Hello,

I leave my P68 feed rate at 4. If the pellets are ashy, how many of you adjust the feed rate? Do you increase/decrease? Using Room/Auto Mode ( I know it doesn't matter after the room temperature is reached). Sometimes I decrease to 3 when I see more ash (in firebox and at my outside termination)

Why do you do that ? And have you read the sticky at the top of the forum page on how your Harman works but may not find in the manual ?

I am currently into ashy pellets right now and Somersets at that. Got ahold of some nasty ones I guess but man the ash is BS with this particular ton. Really the ash will just pile up regardless of settings is my experience with this. I've always had excellent burns and low ash with the Sets. This batch sucks in my experience. Not happy at all about it.

Usually I can go a month or more no problem and the ash pan still wasn't full. This batch is loading it up in 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks big time. Ticks me off.

Reactions: Mt Bob