Harman Help! Stupid thimble in the hopper is disconnected and my stove won't start!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lightyear

Dec 24, 2010
Maryland
So I cleaned out my stove top I bottom. My manual mentioned cleaning the "little thimble" thing in the hopper. I unscrewed it, it was easy so I didn' think anything of it. But it apparently is a big screw up and my stove won' run now. It is tied into the air flow. My stove won' run now and I somehow have to reattach the tube with a threaded Plastic head to the hopper from the back end so I can screw it back in.

I' m very pissed that they don't warn you to NOT unscrew it in the manual. It is a 2 person job, and my poor wife will get stuck cramming in the corner with her tiny arms to help me out.

Anyone else do this?

So I cleaned out my stove top I bottom. My manual mentioned cleaning the "little thimble" thing in the hopper. I unscrewed it, it was easy so I didn' think anything of it. But it apparently is a big screw up and my stove won' run now. It is tied into the air flow. My stove won' run now and I somehow have to reattach the tube with a threaded Plastic head to the hopper from the back end so I can screw it back in.

I' m very pissed that they don't warn you to NOT unscrew it in the manual. It is a 2 person job, and my poor wife will get stuck cramming in the corner with her tiny arms to help me out.

Anyone else do this?
Sorry for the terrible spelling and grammar. On my phone and it isn' working smoothly.