Harman ignitor/cradle bolt size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan

Sep 25, 2008
NH
Just received in the mail a replacement igniter and igniter cradle. I removed these items from my Harman XXV a few years back and have been running in manual mode since. Unfortunately I don't know where the old parts are so I could reuse the screws that hold these items on the burn pot. Anybody know what size screw/bolt to use?

I'd try a couple of 1/4" drive Zip (sheet metal) screws. They should clear the holes in the burnpot & grab the holes in the cradle securely.
If they don't, go up one size.

I would call the seller of the parts you just purchased and ask. Would these fasteners need to be made from a high temp stainless steel?

I would call the seller of the parts you just purchased and ask. Would these fasteners need to be made from a high temp stainless steel?

No, they aren't stainless.They are commercial steel fasteners.
If I was home I'd pull one out of one of my Harmans & give the
OP a definitive answer on the size.

So far through Google and this site they have a 5/16" head. I can take the cradle down to the hardware store and test some bolts to verify but I was hoping that someone had a definitive answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.