Harman invincible insert air through auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfreepelletman

Oct 29, 2008
NY
I love my freestanding Harman invincible so much i just bought a used Invincible insert.

I do have a concern though:

There seems to be air coming through the auger hole when running. My freestanding one only burns on the outer edge which i figure is how this one is suppose to opperate. I replaced the gasket on the hopper door, Replaced the gasket behind the burn pot, and replaced the flame guide. I am concerned if the power goes out this could cause a hopper fire if i have a leakk somewhere. Where should i look for leaks. Also when i picked up the stove i noticed it only had a seal on the hopper lid sides and front, No seal in the back under the piano hinge on the lid. I assume it should be all around so i installed a new one around the whole thing.

On my freestanding stove when i open the lid the flame gets violent and when i open the hopper lid on the insert the flame does not change much.

Please help i really do not want a hopper fire.

Thanks Matt

take the little devil outside, put some pelelts in the burnpot, run an extension cord, plug the exhaust, light the pellets, close the door, and power it up.....look for leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.