Harman metal OAK pipe--looking for leftovers--2ft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I guess the numbers add up. when its below freezing i use between 4 and 5 gallons per day of propane. 2 bags a day would be roughly half the cost of thtat
I have like 1900 SF upstairs, and 1000 in the basement.

As long as Im not blowing BTUs out the pipe that should be in the house...I should be good.

Anyone know of any good places to buy 2" flexible intake pipe online? I just drove around to every farm and hardware store around looking none of them had it. I even went to the auto stores looking for some of that exhaust heat riser tube used on old carbureted cars as I remember it being similar none of them carried any of that either.
IMG_0978.JPG

Try calling around to local stove shops. I never did b/c i was looking for the weird 2 3/8 size which was always harman only. 2" is a standard size. Only size I have found at retail hardware stores is 3 and 4 inch.

My man Ian here will get you set up. Right? LOL! Check the local muffler shops. Right? Look up into this thread and check it out Bob E. Looks like you two are neighbors!

HA - where you from? Niles here.
I did the auto parts thing to - while the 2" flex exhaust might work....its really heavy and wouldn't allow me to bend it out of the way (without moving the stove) to remove the ESP when needed.
Its ridiculous how hard this stuff is to find. All the OAK kits come with 2" flex. Why isnt it available as a standalone part #
If I ever come across some 2" flex I'm going to get it just to have for spare.

Hillsdale here.
smiley-greet013.gif

Yeah, no kidding. Where are the stove manufacturers getting this stuff in the first place?
I agree about the flexible exhaust tubing being too heavy. It has been a while since I messed with any of it, but I remember I couldn't get very tight bends out of it. Also to secure it to the stove you're going to need to crimp it with a u-bolt, and it your not careful your going to crimp the pipe attached to your stove too. And if the outside diameter is larger than the outside diameter of the flimsier aluminum tube used for you oak your gonna have to ream out your thimble... IMHO anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.