Harman owners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy13

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2006
CT
why did you buy a Harman? cause its a Harman? or because it is a bottom feed? or some other reason.

Reputation and how long you can go between cleaning.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
I liked the bottom feed that my ESW 55-SHP10 stove had and I liked the control options on the Harman. Also heard that the cleaning was easier. Turned out to be true. The glass stays clean longer than my other stoves and it seems to be built well. Empty the ash pan every 6 weeks or so... Had the P43 since last October (2012) and we love it!

My wife thought it looked pretty, and she said the P serious looked like a toilet...form > function as far as she is concerned. Doesn't compute with me, but I was also blessed with an XY chromosome.

Ease of use, cleaning, heat output, venting specs, price was right and servicing dealer nearby...

Reputation, bottom feed, less daily maintenance, feedback from others and a nearby dealer that has been in operation for a long time that took the time to answer all my questions and hopefully long term support.

Reactions: iceguy4 and SteveB
Nearby dealer, family history with these stoves, and looks.

reputation ==c

Found a good package deal after did research. Needed a good multifuel that didn't need daily upkeep from a longstanding company that was probably going to be around awhile more. Four of the key components can be had from non Harman sources. Smart stove with ESP.

Like others have stated, reputation and the insert was the only that would fit my weird fireplace opening. Happy as can be.

Burn Baby Burn:cool::cool:

Reactions: iceguy4
Looks, heat output, bottom feed (got tired of the clinking pellets dropping in my Quad 1000), decent size hopper (60lbs), pretty easy to clean, nice looking fire when it is running and when not the mirrored glass is a nice touch. It also has the "old fashioned" look.

Everything on the above + quality and made in the USA.

Reactions: Jim H.
why did you buy a Harman? cause its a Harman? or because it is a bottom feed? or some other reason.

For me it was the bottom feed and overall construction . . . for Madame DeFarge it was its looks.

Great Reputation and the fact that it doesn't need as much cleaning as others.

Quality, reputation, dependability, and all of the above good reasons:cool:

not one of you was lured in by the endless bowl of wheat nachos or free fig newton?

not one of you was lured in by the endless bowl of wheat nachos or free fig newton?

They didn't offer me any fig newtons. Must have been a limited time promotion.

I liked the bottom feed... and I liked the control options on the Harman. Also heard that the cleaning was easier. Turned out to be true. The glass stays clean longer than my other stoves and it seems to be built well. Empty the ash pan every 6 weeks or so... Had the P43 since last October (2012) and we love it!

Ditto for my P38 - had it since 2008

Reactions: SteveB
Bought ours used!

Status
Not open for further replies.