Harman P-43 Fire Brick Question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincinnati Kid

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2009
Cincinnati
I fired up my P-43 this morning and noticed the 4 x 9 x 1 inch fire brick above the flame guide guide was missing. The only thing I can figure out is it must have become lose and fell into the ash pan. I empied the ash pan into a metal trash can and disposed of the ash.

The two questions I have are:
1. Do you believe it will harm the stove if I continue to run it on low settings (1-2 on stove temp)?

2. How is the fire brick attached to the back wall of the stove? I see no holes for screws or any clips, etc? Is it glued on?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

How the hell you manage to not notice it crashing into the metal trash can? Lol

It just sits on the little shelf behind the flame guide. There's a short lip on the bottom of it to hold it in place. If you have a Tractor Supply Co nearby, they're only a couple bucks. Any hearth shop will have em as well.

Running the stove on low shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't dilly dally replacing the brick. Its there for a reason.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
It is needed for operation. They cost under $5.

Eric

I dont think I would run it without the brick.....my 2 cents.....fire safety isnt something to guess on when its in what is likely your largest investment and can affect some irreplaceable things, like family members.

That must have been a pretty heavy pan full of ash.:oops:

Wonder how it fell off it's mounting bracket? Wouldn't run it without it

Status
Not open for further replies.