Harman P-61 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dgm43

Nov 20, 2017
Ohio
I have a Harman P-61a. Is it normal that some of the ash does not end up in the ash pan? Some of the ash is ending up in the bottom area just outside of the ash pan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. Completely normal.

Yeah - get much more outside the pan in my P61a than in my P43. Don't know why they can't make the ash pan a bit wider, but maybe it has something to do with the air draw into the fan?

Yeah - get much more outside the pan in my P61a than in my P43. Don't know why they can't make the ash pan a bit wider, but maybe it has something to do with the air draw into the fan?

Could be volume of pellets burned also. I always have fine ash in the bottom of my stoves that miss the pan which has to be vac'ed out during a clean. Nature of the beast. Burning = ash everywhere. Hope all is well.

Reactions: bogieb
If your stove doesn't have the ash guide/trough installed maybe give it a try. Basically just directs as inward towards pan and it's screwed onto the left and right horizontal ledges.

Reactions: bogieb
If your stove doesn't have the ash guide/trough installed maybe give it a try. Basically just directs as inward towards pan and it's screwed onto the left and right horizontal ledges.

Mine has that guide and I don't have an issue with ash to the front of the pan.

Could be volume of pellets burned also. I always have fine ash in the bottom of my stoves that miss the pan which has to be vac'ed out during a clean. Nature of the beast. Burning = ash everywhere. Hope all is well.

That is a possibility but the P43 ash pan is a visibly tighter fit than the P61a's. If it were 1/4-1/2" wider it would be better (and it has the room for that)

On the other note - all is well and I've moved the P61a to a better location - about 10' over from where it used to reside.

Reactions: bags