Harman P43 Click Sound After Pellet Drop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1024

Aug 31, 2016
WOOD
hi. I am hearing a click noise right after the pellets are fed into pot. Any thoughts? And no, it's not the pellets dropping. It's right after they have dropped in.

So you are familiar with the "Harman tinkling", sounds like marbles ? They can be heard on the drop and sometimes on the feeder shaft. I'm not familiar with any other click personally. But some people seem to have acquired some sort of affection for the sound ! My P61 is old enough that the feeder motor gives a little whir too, plus the tinkling, it tells me it's working right.

With dirty pellets a months worth of burning could mean the fines box could use a clean out. I've never associated any extra noise from that though. Some people say if it gets stuffed up that it could effect the burn. I can't say that I know the mechanics involved in that, if that were the case. But mine has been pretty stuffed up more than once, I just found it that way on a routine cleaning. Usually mixed in with the fines are some nearly whole pellets too. I guess a highly skilled ear might hear those drop in when the box was otherwise near empty. I can't say that I would identify/ separate that sound from the general pellet drop personally. The whole thing together is kind of an infernal machine .

hi. I am hearing a click noise right after the pellets are fed into pot. Any thoughts? And no, it's not the pellets dropping. It's right after they have dropped in.
There is a mechanism under the pot that opens and closes a slide as the auger motor runs and it probably is what you hear. if you remove the shields on the back of the stove and shine a light back there- just watch it when you hear the auger motor run. You will probably see things move and hear that same noise as the things move. Sometimes a real small noise will vibrate through the shields and be a irritating noise also.

Reactions: Lake Girl
The exploded parts diagram of the feeder body on page 36 of the manual linked above ... feeder pusher arm or the slide plate itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.