Harman P43 Flame Height Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1024

Aug 31, 2016
WOOD
What contributes to flame height besides feed rate? I am all the way to 6 and have my temp maxed out but am not getting a great flame height. I read that at 6 my pellets would almost drop off the front of the burn pot but not even close.

If everything is clean, then I'd say to check your fines box cover...
It may not be attached correctly.
Another cause may be a partial blockage in the air intake...

Reactions: alternativeheat
Check your room sensing probe too. I had a buddy that didn't have his hooked up right (unplugged some) and his was doing the same. It would burn but not ramp up and poor flame and feed. At feed rate 6 you should see a huge flame and about melting the paint off of your walls.

Your stove is not feeding enough and / or you have an air issue. More pellets and more air is what makes a bigger burn.

Did you clean your exhaust probe with your thorough clean? Also X2 with Daksy's suggestions.

Reactions: bogieb
I'm with Bags, if the probe isn't fully attached, then the stove is confused and doesn't know what to do so it will start up normally then go to a maintenance burn regardless of the feed rate set.

I see that the Harman feed rate misconception is alive and well again. But besides that, has the OP found his solution yet ?

I see that the Harman feed rate misconception is alive and well again. But besides that, has the OP found his solution yet ?
It's an annual pilgrimage to discuss it....I ended up putting it in my signature several years ago in the hopes that some would see it...

It's an annual pilgrimage to discuss it....I ended up putting it in my signature several years ago in the hopes that some would see it...
I hear ya, it's the most misunderstood topic on the entire board. But I'm done describing how it works and I just let people delude themselves. The "Sticky" among other posted links and descriptions are pretty clear about it too.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Hi, I'm working on the same issue with my P43 2011. Stove is clean, very short exhaust through wall. All gaskets (dollar bill test) check out ok. I have not checked the differential pressure switch lines for blockage and splits. I replaced ESP. I replaced exhaust fan (very noisy). I changed pellets to Hamers. Burn pot seems very low after start up and heat output is low. running feed rate maxed. Happens in both stove/room temp maxed. I have ordered a control board (have two p43 and wanted spare anyways).

Hi, I'm working on the same issue with my P43 2011. Stove is clean, very short exhaust through wall. All gaskets (dollar bill test) check out ok. I have not checked the differential pressure switch lines for blockage and splits. I replaced ESP. I replaced exhaust fan (very noisy). I changed pellets to Hamers. Burn pot seems very low after start up and heat output is low. running feed rate maxed. Happens in both stove/room temp maxed. I have ordered a control board (have two p43 and wanted spare anyways).
Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere.Check the hopper gasket and make sure the fines box is tight.Feed maxed out will do nothing.Read the sticky on how your Harman works.

Status
Not open for further replies.