Harman P43 issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cano

Oct 23, 2013
Barre, VT
I recently installed a used Harman P43 Pellet Stove. The stove appeared to be run fine until it reached the appropriate temperature and it is time to shut down. The stove instead of shutting down, it drops to a low flame and the auger feeds pellet to keep it at the level. I am able get the stove to go through the shut process if I turn the switch to off.

The stove is set on High Room Temp with a feed rate of approx. 3.5

Turn the igniter to auto. It's supposed to go to a low maintenance fire if the igniter is set to manual. It's saves on igniters etc. Check back if ok. There is a good sticky on Harman operation on top of the page.

Read the sticky at the top of the forum. It will explain all of the operating modes.

The igniter switch was already on Auto. I switched it back and forth to access that it had a bad connection and fired it back up. Still has the same problem

At least you have a working stove to keep you warm. That toggle could be replaced and may solve the problem. I don't like to advise on electrical as its not my strong suit or may not be comfortable for you to repair. Seek advise of a pro. The boards are expensive.

If the igniter is on and stove switch is activated even if you turn the igniter off it will attempt a startup. You have to switch stove to off and then set the igniter to off. Allows one to start the stove with igniter and with the igniter switch off make the stove go to a maintenance fire instead of a full shutdown then have to fire up again. Great feature for shoulder season.

Status
Not open for further replies.