Harman p43 reflective glass?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D-mac02

Dec 21, 2013
New York
Hey guys I was just wwondering it anyone has seen any reflective replacement glass for a p43 like the ones on the xxv. Love the look and I hope I can find one.

Hey guys I was just wwondering it anyone has seen any reflective replacement glass for a p43 like the ones on the xxv. Love the look and I hope I can find one.

Harman doesn't offer one for the P43. You may be able to have one made tho at a glass place. Be prepared to pay, tho. Regular ole pyroceram is about a buck a square inch. I can't guess what the reflective option will cost

How bout getting a P68 glass and having it cut down? I'm sure a dealer would let you carefully trace the P43 glass profile onto a P68 glass with a sharpie. The glass itself and the labor to cut it ain't gonna be cheap, but the finished product will suit your needs.

I was under the impression that pyroceram was treated after cutting and further modification was not done?

That may be a fact, I don't know. That's definitely a piece of glass you don't want breaking.

OK, called local glass shop that does my work and pyroceram can be worked. I was confusing it with tempered glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.