Install Question for Harman XXV direct vent

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RISurfer

Member
Dec 10, 2021
6
RI
I have a harman xxv that I want to install. I am looking to install via direct vent straight out of the back of the stove. So basically stove adaoter to 3” pellet pipe through wall thimble out 18” and then a horizontal chimney cap. So than install would be all horizontal.

I have a stud in the way of centering the stove on the wall. I am looking to add pipe to transition around the stud to exit out.
My question is, can I use two 45 s with a 6” pipe in between to vent horizontally direct vent?
So it would be appliance adapter, 45, 6” pipe, 45, wall thimble, 18” pipe, horizontal chimney cap.

Not sure I can do this with the horizontal setup that I want.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!