Harman P61A: Rut Roh!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Folks, my P61A occaisonally makes a knock at the very end of the auger feed cycle. This started before I burned a few bags of corn, and it is getting more noticeable. Does not do it every time, but I'm wondering if there could be something lodged in there or if the motor is going. Any ideas? I keep this thing clean as a whistle, even while burning corn. Thanks.

Sounds like the slide plate inside the feeder might be banging against the feeder. If there is longer pellets between the slide plate and the feeder body when the plate closes, the slide plate will break or cut the pellets. This will cause a metal to metal bang at the end of a feed cycle. You may want to inspect the pellets/corn (long pellets or small pieces of corn cobs mixed with corn).
You can also pull the slide plate out of the feeder and try putting a sharpened edge on the end the plate that opens/closes, allowing it to cut any pellets/corn a little easier. Just make sure to put the plate back in the feeder the same way it comes out, bottom is solid plate, top as a half plate with a lip to push the pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.