Harman P61A won't shut off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dannyboyo

Dec 13, 2022
New Brunswick Canada
We use this stove to heat a hoophouse with double poly layers inflated with a blower overnight in the winter. So we set the flame to be on constantly until we manually shut of the stove in the morning. But when we set the dial to "off", it just keeps running and augering the pellets in until we unplug it. So the thermostat does not come into play. What would cause this?

We use this stove to heat a hoophouse with double poly layers inflated with a blower overnight in the winter. So we set the flame to be on constantly until we manually shut of the stove in the morning. But when we set the dial to "off", it just keeps running and augering the pellets in until we unplug it. So the thermostat does not come into play. What would cause this?
Dirty pots on control board, room temp sensor incorrectly placed, not properly connected or it failed, ESP probe dirty or failed.

sam

For what's it worth after days of searching for p68 issues a dirty esp probe came up a few times for a solution to one not shutting down. Mine did it once yesterday and the factory tech said it would help confirm my probe could be bad for that and other issues.

This info is just from searching the forum. Disconnect it from the circuit board and test it with an ohm meter the measurements I found were 1000 to 1200 ohms. My esp probe measured 1100 ohms. That being said they are sending me one because my stove has problems and everything else seems to check out.