Harman P68 auger motor question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This was in test mode?

Maybe the board does control it. That said, I've never noticed it. I guess I'll have to hook a magnehelic to my stove and check.

One more to read.

Definitely - and I agree for sure but this time it’s very drastic. Sorry if I’m talking around in circles. I won’t have a fix until tomorrow and that’s okay! My guess is because I ran it on generator that I fried the board and that it is just not responding well. Thanks guys :(

Definitely - and I agree for sure but this time it’s very drastic. Sorry if I’m talking around in circles. I won’t have a fix until tomorrow and that’s okay! My guess is because I ran it on generator that I fried the board and that it is just not responding well. Thanks guys :(
What generator were you running it on, maybe make/model ?

Combustion engine speed varies according to demand

Okay guys. It was the circuit board!! My amazing dealer came out and replaced it. Our guess is due to the long run of extension cord I was using on my generator it messed the circuit board up and everything was getting low voltage. Glad to have this behind me -

Last edited:
Good to hear you're up and running.

Ty! After spending so much time on the back of the stove I noticed my p68 doesn’t have any leg levelers installed on the back which could certainly be making it louder because it’s steel that sits on tile! Do Harmans have leg levelers or do you have any idea on something soft and non combustible that I could place between the stove and the tile?

Okay guys. It was the circuit board!! My amazing dealer came out and replaced it. Our guess is due to the long run of extension cord I was using on my generator it messed the circuit board up and everything was getting low voltage. Glad to have this behind me -
Use 12 gauge or lower number for extension cord, depending on length.. Lower number equals the bigger wire for current loads..
Ty! After spending so much time on the back of the stove I noticed my p68 doesn’t have any leg levelers installed on the back which could certainly be making it louder because it’s steel that sits on tile! Do Harmans have leg levelers or do you have any idea on something soft and non combustible that I could place between the stove and the tile?
Never seen leg levelers. I have mine sitting on a tile pad..

Sitting on tile will not make it loud. It is heavy steel. They all sit on tile, concrete or stone. The tin on these stoves are well secured and typically does not rattle . You must run these on an inverter generator or the board can get damaged. It only pulls max of about 410 watts which is only about 3.5 amps. I would say the generator was the culprit as opposed to the cord.

Reactions: ABusWrench
7-8 years ago I remember emptying a bag into the hopper and seeing something metal sticking out of the pellets as the bag finished emptying. Turned out to be a big bolt. Must have fallen off some machinery at the plant. believe it was Fireside Ultras I was burning at the time, used to be in most Home Depots in southern NH at that time. Those were actually very good pellets at that time.

sam