harman p68 distribution fan noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reno bandino

Nov 28, 2014
wilkes-barre,pa
I recently had a Harman p68 pellet stove installed. I noticed a vibrating noise when ever the distribution fan was at half to full speed. I removed right rear cover and noticed if I touched the distribution fan body it would stop. I would walk away and within a couple minutes the noise was back. I checked that everything was tight did not see where anything was rubbing or anything like that. This went on for a week or two trying different things to fix it. I finally did. I know this is a Gerry rig, but it did work. I measured the distance between the hearth and the bottom of the fan body, cut piece of 2x4 and wedged it between the hearth and fan body with just enough pressure to keep it there and that's it, noise has stop 100%.

Reactions: Tonyray
Even though it is a new stove, I would check to see if the flange bolts are tight, or check the fan cage to be sure it is clean and free of any sawdust or dust bunnies or pet hair.

Even though it is a new stove, I would check to see if the flange bolts are tight, or check the fan cage to be sure it is clean and free of any sawdust or dust bunnies or pet hair.
fan is spotless and bolts are tight. The only thing I saw that I thought was stupid was that the fan body is like 020" away from the exhaust flange, but even though its very close, its not touching. It just seems to need extra support under the fan assy. , that's where I shimmed it,( lowest point to hearth) with the 2x4. It still not making that vibration noise, and the fan is on 24/7 (stove mode , igniter auto ).

Status
Not open for further replies.