Harman P68 Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littleprius

Jul 27, 2006
I am thinking about purchasing a new Harman P68 pellet stove. I would be putting the stove in the basement and venting vertically about 9 feet and then horizontally to outside. The retailer's total price for the Harman P68 delivery, set-up, installation, piping, venting, and on-site testing is $3900 with 1/2 ton of wood pallets. I would be installing a ceramic floor cover. Could you share with me your assessment if you think this is a reasonable, installed price? Thanks in advance!! :)

littleprius said:
I am thinking about purchasing a new Harman P68 pellet stove. I would be putting the stove in the basement and venting vertically about 9 feet and then horizontally to outside. The retailer's total price for the Harman P68 delivery, set-up, installation, piping, venting, and on-site testing is $3900 with 1/2 ton of wood pallets. I would be installing a ceramic floor cover. Could you share with me your assessment if you think this is a reasonable, installed price? Thanks in advance!! :)

here in the Northeast, a p68 wills et you back $2299-$2399, for a crated stove, all black, no artsy-fartsy trim. Install and delivery, labor only, about $350.00. Pipe.....3", with an intake thimble (made by Harman), very roughly, $500.00......total is roughly $3300.00 in our market, but that doesnt inlcude pellets, a half ton being about $130.00.....so, $3450 or so. On-site testing should be included with the install, or some call it conditioning the unit. A draft test should also be included with the install (this is important). Although I think the price is slightly high, it sounds fair, when factoring in regional price variations and competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.