Harmon P68 Noise Issue Fixed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kenb1023

Mar 1, 2018
Edgewood New Mexico
My Harmon P68 Was so load it drove my wife crazy. It was running around 63 db. When I had a fuel delivery issue I replaced the Auger motor and it got about 1db quitter. I quickly learned that the combustion fan motor was the source of the majority of the noise. I saw and article about the bearings not being very good and would go bad. I found a new AM fan motor on Amazon Harman 3-21-08639 Combustion Blower Exhaust Fan Motor Upgrade Fits Pellet Stoves P43 P61 P68 XXV Accentra 52I Advance P35I PC45 PF100 PF120 BA100 BH105 Replaces Part 3-21-08415 for $70. It came with a fan for the combustion side but was not as robust as the stock so I cleaned the stock and reused it. When I fired the stove back up I was scared my stove wasn't working right because I could barely hear the combustion fan. The stove came up to temp and has been running now for a few days with no issues. The sound is now at 46db. I am beyond happy and my wife is tickled pink.

My Harmon P68 Was so load it drove my wife crazy. It was running around 63 db. When I had a fuel delivery issue I replaced the Auger motor and it got about 1db quitter. I quickly learned that the combustion fan motor was the source of the majority of the noise. I saw and article about the bearings not being very good and would go bad. I found a new AM fan motor on Amazon Harman 3-21-08639 Combustion Blower Exhaust Fan Motor Upgrade Fits Pellet Stoves P43 P61 P68 XXV Accentra 52I Advance P35I PC45 PF100 PF120 BA100 BH105 Replaces Part 3-21-08415 for $70. It came with a fan for the combustion side but was not as robust as the stock so I cleaned the stock and reused it. When I fired the stove back up I was scared my stove wasn't working right because I could barely hear the combustion fan. The stove came up to temp and has been running now for a few days with no issues. The sound is now at 46db. I am beyond happy and my wife is tickled pink.

how old was the P68? Running a P61A for 9 yrs now mostly 24/7 and still sounds same......... so far....