Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abfitch1212

Dec 23, 2009
Southington,Ct
I was just wondering if anyone had this problem. Been burning the P68 24/7 now on room temp. Woke up this pass morning and had a lot of ash in the burn pot. They were not clinkers just fine ash. Do i have to turn the feed rate up or is this normal. I just take the scraper and scrap it down to the ash pan. Any input would help. Thanks

Abfitch1212 said:
I was just wondering if anyone had this problem. Been burning the P68 24/7 now on room temp. Woke up this pass morning and had a lot of ash in the burn pot. They were not clinkers just fine ash. Do i have to turn the feed rate up or is this normal. I just take the scraper and scrap it down to the ash pan. Any input would help. Thanks

Yep that's normal. Some pellets will have less ash and some will have a lot more. You want about 1" between your pellets and the front edge of the burn pot. I keep my feed rate just a hair under setting 3, and usually don't have to move it. Once again, depends on the pellet. With Allegheny pellets I have A LOT of ash after a night's burning, and with Clear Choice pellets I have dramatically less ash after a night's burning. Hope this helps.

It's normal. When the P68 shuts down the pellets in the pot can't be pushed out because new pellets are no longer coming in. When it starts up again the new pellets will push the ash out of the pot.

Normal, especially when stove is down to a maintenance burn for a long period in manual mode

gbreda said:
Normal, especially when stove is down to a maintenance burn for a long period in manual mode

I had the same question, being a new pellet fan. Took pictures to our helpful installer and they confirmed that all is well. I am down to once a week clean out, hard to do for an OCD person like me!
Hi to gbreda another Lakes Region Pellet Fan!

I also had this once. I came home from work a few weeks ago when we had the snow storm and my wife was home. I went right to the stove to check the pellet level and noticed that the flame was small and very lazy and the burn pot was nearly full of fluffy ash. I pulled the ash out of the pot and went out to look at the venting and saw that snow had built up on the "nozzle" that I have outside at the termination. I cleared the snow and haven't noticed it since. Not sure if it was a coincidence but I attributed the ash build up to the snow partially plugging up the outside air intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.