Harman PB105 Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got it clean put it back together went to put it on and i had the motor part put back on wrong, so i try and take it off to turn it and one of the nuts is stuck on just keeps turning. So i just put it back on like that, not sure f it maters or not. We will see if it runs any better now, if not i will call the dealer again Monday

Ran overnight without any unburned pellets in the ashpan, there is some ash build up in the pot that i will scrape out next time i notice the fire off.

Any tips on being able to get that nutt off if and when i need to give it a another deep clean

Last edited:
The Boiler has been running great since cleaning the combustion fan no unburned pellets, no partial burned pellets, The ash is very fine, unlike the thicker chunky stuff i was getting before.

My boiler has been running fine, since we have been down to 15 degrees and lower we are down to 63 in here. Whats going on? I have MAx set to 185 and low set to 160 and feed 5

cleaned ashpan, and fines areas and scraped heating tubes with wire brush?

Also my feeder has developed a squeal it will squal every time it turns

The boiler is still getting to its max temp and shutting off, but temp in house isnt rising or getting anywhere close to set point like it has been doing

Set the max to 200-220, if it is like mine ~ that is the shut off point, not what the boiler "wants" to go to. On mine, the boiler wants to go to the minimum, which I just bumped mine up to 170 for this cold spell, I'll go back down to 160 after.

How many square feet are you trying to heat? If I remember correctly it isn't much ~ which could be your problem.

My max only goes to 185 which its set at

Min i have set a 160 right now. I have 1800 square feet but only have heat ran to the downstairs no heat ran to second story,

Its been keeping it at 70 degrees easily that we had the thermostat set to, but since temps dropped she cant get over 63/64 I figured it was duty but i vacummed and scraped the tubes, but its not climbing back.

My max only goes to 185 which its set at

Min i have set a 160 right now. I have 1800 square feet but only have heat ran to the downstairs no heat ran to second story,

Its been keeping it at 70 degrees easily that we had the thermostat set to, but since temps dropped she cant get over 63/64 I figured it was duty but i vacummed and scraped the tubes, but its not climbing back.

If your upstairs is open to the downstairs your still heating it youll need some high baseboard temps to account for it.

Tonight it is currently -6 and going down to a forecast -13 with strong NW winds. My PB105 is doing just fine keeping the 3000 sq. ft. home at a nice temp. The cellar I have set at 75 and is heated only by a 18,000 btu/hr modine, main floor thermostat is at 72 until it auto sets back to 68 at 9:30. The temp is 72. I put a bag in the hopper at about 7 this morning and another at about noon. Two more at 3:00. When I returned at 7:30 there was still about a bag remaining in the hopper when I put another bag in. I should be ok until 7 tomorrow morning. So I'll burn the maximum today that I have burned in two years. The panel is set for 185 and 160. I did not see the needle below 180 today. Thinking that I would have burned about 15 gallons of fossil at $3.70 per gallon for the same warmth or over $55. The pellets were about $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.