Harman PF100 vaccum hose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lalalisa33

Jan 11, 2021
Maine
Hi, new to the forums!

Hoping someone can answer a question for me. We had a Harman PF100 given to us and to get it out of their basement, we had to disassemble just about everything. In the process, the vacuum hose that goes to the pressure switch broke where it enters the firebox. My question is this: one end hooks to the pressure switch, does the other end actually hook to anything, or just lay in the pipe?

Thanks for the help!

Im not the prominent harman guy. But i think there is a fitting/muffler on the hopper it hooks to..

Im not the prominent harman guy. But i think there is a fitting/muffler on the hopper it hooks to..
Appreciate the reply!
There is a pipe that comes out of the back of the firebox that is where the vacuum hose went in, but it takes a hard right turn and can't see beyond that. Can't get to that area from the firebox side because it is completely welded up.

It just lays in there. The later models had it going up the a fitting in the hopper. If you take the 3 screws out and remove flapper assembly you should be able to get a better view.

Reactions: Ssyko
If you replace the hose, it most likely is a silicon rubber hose as opposed the a plain rubber one which will deteriorate quickly.

It just lays in there. The later models had it going up the a fitting in the hopper. If you take the 3 screws out and remove flapper assembly you should be able to get a better view.
Thank you, that is great to know. Hubby's first instinct was to cut it open and find out if there's a fitting in there...I wasn't feeling too good about that lol
The previous owner did away with the flapper assembly. So we'll need to order that, and a new tube. The burn pot is in rough shape, warped and cracked, but we are going to see if we can get by with that for a while because those are QUITE EXPENSIVE!

Thank you, that is great to know. Hubby's first instinct was to cut it open and find out if there's a fitting in there...I wasn't feeling too good about that lol
The previous owner did away with the flapper assembly. So we'll need to order that, and a new tube. The burn pot is in rough shape, warped and cracked, but we are going to see if we can get by with that for a while because those are QUITE EXPENSIVE!
Check out pellethead.com. They have built their own aftermarket replacement burn pot. It's still pretty expensive but not as much as the Harman part. https://pellethead.com/product/harm...-boiler-burnpot-firepot-weldment-aftermarket/

The furnace is all put back together and vented. Just need to run the electricity to it this morning and then give it a try!
We found something interesting. The previous owners had taken the damper off because it would stick, and so the vacuum switch was jumped, making the vacuum hose I was so worried about completely useless if we were to use it that way. I went ahead and ordered the damper assembly and a new vacuum hose so we could have it hooked up the correct way, for safety sake.
Fingers crossed that everything works as it should!

Reactions: Ssyko
The furnace is all put back together and vented. Just need to run the electricity to it this morning and then give it a try!
We found something interesting. The previous owners had taken the damper off because it would stick, and so the vacuum switch was jumped, making the vacuum hose I was so worried about completely useless if we were to use it that way. I went ahead and ordered the damper assembly and a new vacuum hose so we could have it hooked up the correct way, for safety sake.
Fingers crossed that everything works as it should!
Yes absolutely do not run it with vac switch jumped. You are on the ight track.

Reactions: lalalisa33