Harman Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the P38+ doesn't do 43K BTU in turbo??

gfreek said:
You're right it does 43K in turbo mode. Have you ever used yours in turbo just curious?

Must need a Flame suit anytime these stoves are burning wide open.

Actually they are both rated at 43,000. And the P38+ is stated as being "thermostatically controlled". So is the 43 worth 700 more? What are others paying?

they list for $400 different

will711 said:
gfreek said:
You're right it does 43K in turbo mode. Have you ever used yours in turbo just curious?

38+ does 43k in turbo. It's hot. used to run mine on turbo hard.. you had all you could do to stand in front of the thing, it was rippin hot.

Run mine on turbo afew times, quite the blow torch and a lot of heat. Burning it now on 1. Paid 2200 for it Dec 2010. The P43 was 2700.

One thing nice about the Harmans is that you can retro fit a crosslink conversions boiler kit in them and get twice the heat out while using the same amount of pellets,and heat your demisic hot water at the same time. Mine saves me $3000.00 per year

I picked up a Harman XXV just recently. It was the model with enamel finish which had a retail list price of $3999. I was able to negotiate a 10% discount plus free installation, which I suspect is the best that can be had for a Harman other than old stock etc.

I heard that Harman is very tough on dealers discounting and will revoke their distributor agreement if they exceed 10%.

Interestingly this stove was on back order with an anticipated delivery of June. Fortunately my dealer had one in stock.

I used the 100. coupon and dealer gave a 5% discount also.

OldBrit said:
I picked up a Harman XXV just recently. It was the model with enamel finish which had a retail list price of $3999. I was able to negotiate a 10% discount plus free installation, which I suspect is the best that can be had for a Harman other than old stock etc.

I heard that Harman is very tough on dealers discounting and will revoke their distributor agreement if they exceed 10%.

Interestingly this stove was on back order with an anticipated delivery of June. Fortunately my dealer had one in stock.

back order will be a problem in the near future for many American and Candadian MFGS who make a cast unit... reason being is that Vermont Castings MAKES the castings for just about everyone! Harman, Enviro, Jotul, Majestic, Monessen, VC itself... plus others, I am sure. VC got alot on their plate, hence the simplification of the brand and their new 2n1 woodburners. Many other mfg cos that use them for their castings might experience backorders this year.. several we deal with already have, and it's only just spring! Alot of shops are offering discounts on units in stock right now ( I know we are, and many in our area)... so if you are in the market for a cast pellet stove, then the odds are VC makes the castings, and there will be delays and price increases as the next season approaches. I don't wanna sound like a marketer here (and as you see I don't put my workplace in my sig to avoid that.. I like to geek out here in my free minutes!) but if youre gonna go for a cast pellet unit this year, now is the time to pull the trigger on it.. It's only gonna get more expensive and delayed the closer we get to next winter!-

Crosslink tommy said:
One thing nice about the Harmans is that you can retro fit a crosslink conversions boiler kit in them and get twice the heat out while using the same amount of pellets,and heat your demisic hot water at the same time. Mine saves me $3000.00 per year

Has Harman approved the crosslink conversion?

Eric

No, Far as I know. I am pretty sure that they ( Harman )and others Manufacturer's know about it .Just the insurance company's do, that do the home owners policy's .So far the rates of having the stove with one in has been around $50.00 a year. AS far as the warrants goes, that's up to you dealer's .( I know stove dealers who run the kits in there stoves ) and do not care ,other than they make less money on parts because the stoves are running not as hard. It's just a sealed hole in the side of a stove!!. The door on the stoves (with the glass in it )is more dangerous than retro-fitted kit.Each time it is opened.

summit said:
OldBrit said:
Back order will be a problem in the near future for many American and Candadian MFGS who make a cast unit... reason being is that Vermont Castings MAKES the castings for just about everyone! Harman, Enviro, Jotul, Majestic, Monessen, VC itself... plus others, I am sure. !-
We ordered an Accentra Insert in the middle of December with a ETA of mid January. After a few delays, we were told that they weren't sure when it was going to be delivered due to the VC delays so they offered us a floor model that had never been burned. Thankfully, we took their offer and got $100 off. We've enjoyed 2+ months of burning!

pollywog said:
Actually they are both rated at 43,000. And the P38+ is stated as being "thermostatically controlled". So is the 43 worth 700 more? What are others paying?

the p38 IS NOT thermostatically controlled out of the box..........it CAN BE hooked to a thermostat, but runs kinda funky in doing so

runs on a hi-low function, basically, when attached to a tstat.

After getting prices for the PF100 of $4,500 -$4,800 from local dealeres, I had just about given up the idea of getting one. Just for Ha ha's, I googled Harman PF100. Found a dealer that went out of business that had a floor model they were selling that was display only, never used. Got it for $2,250. Full warranty from harman. There's a deal!

We just had our new Accentra freestanding installed, here in Westchester County, where everything costs more. Here is the breakdown on price, off the invoice:

Stove: 3509
Matching cast Iron pad: 179
ICC piping w/integral OAK: 420
Install through brick wall: 650

Deducted from this was the $100 Harman coupon, and, purchases before the end of September (which we did) included a free ton of pellets up to $250. Delivery was free on all.

In addition we will take the $300 Federal tax credit, which is worth more than 300 because it is a credit and not a deduction, plus there is some NYS tax benefit as well, but I have to nail that down.

All in all the total cost for the stove, installation and all the pellets I figure I will burn this year will be just a little less than my oil bill last year. Now, last year was high because my beloved mother in law lived with us all winter, but probably not too much higher than it would have been anyway.

By next year I will be solidly in the black, assuming I can heat our 1450 sq. ft. stone and brick house with the stove. Perhaps I should have gone with a bigger stove but my wife had her heart set on the Accentra, and my reading and the dealer agreed that the estimated square footage figures are based on a worst case scenario/colder climate than ours. We shall see how it all works out.

So far so good. It is raw and cold here today - wet and about 48 degrees outside. When I turned on the stove (at moderate to low settings) at 6AM the main room was 65 degrees. By 9AM it was 70. Upstairs is warmer as well, but not quite as warm as down.

Harman P43, $2600 no tax

Everything, installed myself = $5200 This includes installing a chimney, tile liner and insulated S/S liner to the top.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 262
padfitz said:
Harman P43, $2600 no tax

Everything, installed myself = $5200 This includes installing a chimney, tile liner and insulated S/S liner to the top.

The dog sure looks happy! Nice looking install.

Status
Not open for further replies.