Harman Pro II shutting down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LBN

Mar 1, 2023
NH
Hello All,

I purchased a used Harman Pro II Pellet Stove. It was working great for awhile but now it's stops feeding pellets after running great for several hours.
I removed the back panel & observed the auger motor turning however I don't hear many (if any) pellets moving into the pot. What I do next is shut it down, remove the arm spring and move the lever up & down about 12 times to remove any jams but there doesn't sound there are any. I checked the fines box & that is clear too.
I already replaced the auger & combustion motors along with removing & cleaning stainless steel probe that senses the temperature.
For the pellets, I tried switching brands but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any ideas as to what else I can try?

Thank you

Empty the hopper and run it in test mode, look in the hopper to see if the pusher plate is sliding back and forth.

Reactions: jackman
I do not have an option for a "test mode" according to the manual. I did empty the hopper & just tried to put a about 3-4 handful of pellets & I do hear them dropping into the burn pot when it reaches temperature. The stove runs fine for about 8-10 hours & then stops feeding pellets into the burn pot. Interesting thing is if I look into the burn pot, I can actually see the auger turning however there are no pellets being pushed through into it & the stove just goes out after it cools down.

Not familiar with that Harman design, however the lever that you are moving 12 times is that the pusher block ? Per manual: "Vigorously shake pusher arm 10-15 times. " "This should break free any material jamming the pusher block "...

Reactions: Washed-Up
Yes, that's the one for the pusher block. I don't see however what controls the movement of that though. As mentioned, the stove starts up perfecty & runs for several hours before it no longer pushes the pellets into the fire block & shuts down after it cools. I'm not sure of the sendor is bad but I cleaned it just to make sure. The sensors are no longer being made ( those that I can find are very expensive) so I'm stuck. I'm hoping I don't have to trash this stove & buy another one. Thank you for taking the time to help.