bmyers Posted By bmyers, Feb 8, 2019 at 9:52 AM

1. bmyers

bmyers
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    How far away from wall do u suggest for ease of troubleshooting. This is a new stove. I have to finish exhaust. It currently is 12" from my baseboard heat to exhaust outlet

2. zrock

zrock
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    Local building inspector and manual will give you min distance from wall.. I have different stove but have it as close as i can put it and meet code. Most of it i access from the side and if i have to pull out it only takes a few min. Not sure what your local code will think if it infront of another heat source.

3. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    I am not a fan of stoves you have to unhook the exhaust and slide out to do a simple repair/major clean.My Accentra is 12" from a log,at the bottom,almost 15" at the top,because of the way the logs are.I have a 90 and up flue fitting,with close to the minimum clearance from the logs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. railfanron

railfanron
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2013
    Loc:
    Perry MI
    Not sure what stove you have. Mine is a P43 and it's about 3 inches from my fireplace hearth opening which is blocked off. I've had no problem servicing the unit. The side panels give me enough room to access all the serviceable items. I've only had to change out the combustion fan so far but I had to take out the auger assembly as it got an allen wrench jammed in it from the hopper. Have checked and cleaned the convection fan also. I would be more concerned about a corner installation than a wall one.
    Ron

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bogieb

bogieb
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2014
    Loc:
    South Central NH
    My P61a is at 12" from the wall. That gives me the 3" clearance to combustible that my exhaust pipe needs (yes, this brand needs 3") and makes for very easy access. My P43 is 8" from wall (that pipe only needs 1") and it is still pretty easy access. Of course distance depends on stove configuration, pipe clearance and how limber you are.

6. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampster
    Is that the newest model?
    ;)

Dan

bogieb and bob bare like this.
  7. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    ;lol

bogieb likes this.
  8. bogieb

bogieb
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2014
    Loc:
    South Central NH
    Why yes it is, aren't you in the know? They crossed a P43 and a P61a ;lol;)

I fixed it :oops:

Pete Zahria and bob bare like this.
  9. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    I may be a bit closer to the wall as I have the heat shields on the side.

Attached Files:

10. bmyers

bmyers
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    I moved it out so there's 15". Gonna start it up tonight

11. bogieb

bogieb
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2014
    Loc:
    South Central NH
    You also have a corner set up, with a direct vent set up for the exhaust, so you really don't need to account for clearances for the pipe.

Guess that makes the point that I should mention that both my stoves are backed to the wall not kitty-corner. The P61 has a 5' rise inside the house. The P43 has a slight rise (and a funky configuration) before going out of the house

12. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    yeah.. your right about corner configs......