Harman stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glange1969

Feb 8, 2014
Michigan
I just came from my local dealer , I was inquiring about the P43.
He informed me that Quad bought Harman a few years back and
that Quad , Harman and Heatilator were all sister companies.
He also said Quad and Heatilator use all the same internal parts.
Is there any truth to this ???? Thanks , Jerry

Yes. Throw Heat & Glo into the mix as well. Back a coupla years,
Dane Harman had a big warehouse, full of stoves, few customers
& a lot of money owed to creditors.
Hearth & Home Technologies came by & made him an offer & took
over the Harman line. Dane still works in the company as far as I know..

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Yes. Throw Heat & Glo into the mix as well. Back a coupla years,
Dane Harman had a big warehouse, full of stoves, few customers
& a lot of money owed to creditors.
Hearth & Home Technologies came by & made him an offer & took
over the Harman line. Dane still works in the company as far as I know..
So would you consider them all equal in quality since they are all owned by Home and Hearth ?

Harman is still one the best out there, & a step (or two) above either the Quad or the Heatilator pellet burners.
It's said they're built like a tank & run like a Cadillac, & I'd agree. They can burn just about any quality fuel with
only a minor feed adjustment & they are less prone to "clinker" build up with the underfeed system. To be honest,
I did little work on the Quads, when I was a service tech & the Heatilator units were just hitting the market when I
left the industry, so I'm not an expert on either of them, but I sold, serviced, installed & continue to burn Harman's,
& I wouldn't have any other...

Reactions: Ctcarl
What I was told by my tech who said he visited harman is yes they were bought out. However harman is is still a separate entity than the others.Also theResearch I did prior to buying my p35i this December stated the same thing.

Thanks for the replies , I was all but set to get the P43 before talking to the dealer .
After hearing from you guys , I am still convinced the Harman is right for me .
Is $2600 after the factory $250 rebate a average price for the P43 ?
and do they ever go down in price during the spring and summer ?
Thanks again

The price you're seeing right now may be the lowest you'll EVER get it for. There may be a sale later in the spring - no way to know - & sometimes dealers with reduce the price of their floor models while still giving you the full warranty of a new unit. You have to be in the right place at the right time to get those deals, tho.

Kinda like General Motors but they are Called Hearth and Home Tech. Harman is the pride of the fleet. Quadrafire is a very good brand but it is not a Harman. Heatilator is the Chevy. It will get you back and forth to work and the store but it is not a QuadraFire or a Harman.

Eric

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.