Harman XXV Dist. Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boston Spike

Jan 26, 2014
Pepperell, MA
Hi
Am replacing distribution blower. Directions say reconnect blue, white & red wire. I don't have a red wire. Was't one connected to blower I took out. Doesn't look like it came loose (no unconnected red wire in stove). Safe to assume there is no red wire to reconnect? Am working with partial directions. When I went to get a wrench to loosen screws my dog chewed on the paper directions that came with the blower :confused:

Hi
Am replacing distribution blower. Directions say reconnect blue, white & red wire. I don't have a red wire. Was't one connected to blower I took out. Doesn't look like it came loose (no unconnected red wire in stove). Safe to assume there is no red wire to reconnect? Am working with partial directions. When I went to get a wrench to loosen screws my dog chewed on the paper directions that came with the blower :confused:

I'm a bit confused as well....This is from your manual if it is any help. I don't see a red wire mentioned in the distribution blower. You sure you got the right one?

Harman XXV.JPG

Didn't think to look in the manual ;em The blower is the correct part number and looks exactly the same. Maybe older stoves have a red wire? Could not read past the wire info as the dog ate the bottom of the sheet.
I've installed the new one and it works in test mode (too warm to start the stove up) so am going to assume all is well.
Thanks!

Reactions: mralias