Harmen Accentra - pellets not dropping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TimmyC

Jan 2, 2015
MA
Hi All,

I have an Accentra insert and the pellets are not dropping. Auger doesn't spin and the feeder light does not display anything. Distribution blower light is also not on. Combustion blower light is solid.

We took the stove apart and gave it a THOROUGH cleaning. Including wiping the thermostat and cleaning out the lower part of the chimney. Also removed all the pelets to see if something was blocking and cleaned the fines out of the pellet auger chamber.

Any suggestions before we call for a technician? Could I have possibly unplugged a wire?

Thanks,
Tim

Unplug for 10 seconds then run a self test.

Just did that. Ui9YSsAmSOCfz3jxHWsBFA.jpg Everything looks like it's working fine except the feed motor and light. It's completely dark.

Make sure seals are good....is there a switch on the hopper lid. Jump around this and see if auger runs.

The feed motor won't turn if the door is open.

What year is your stove? I had to replace the feed motor on my stove at about year 10 of its life.

Figured it out! I unplugged the low pressure switch and then plugged the wires back together and the auger is now spinning. This video helped me figure it out.

By “low pressure switch” I assume you mean the vacuum switch.......so......either the switch is bad (you can check it with an ohm meter)......or you have a vacuum leak. Which leads me back to.....are the door and hopper gaskets good? Not familiar with that particular stove, but when you cleaned it, were all panels and access plates installed correctly?

Yes, that's the switch I'm referring to. The hopper gasket needs to be replaced. It's torn in two spots, but still lays flat when I shut the door.

The other day we had massive (and I mean massive) ash build up in the pan. Not sure what happened, but it looked like it was over feeding pellets and we woke up to a gigantic pile of ash and partially burned pellets. Guessing that's what triggered the switch?

Seems to be burning fine now, though I will replace that hopper gasket. Appreciate your suggesstions btw. Called my local dealer and they said the earliest they could get a tech out here was 7 days.