Harmon 300i Insert: Rightside blower not working propery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

oak_man

Nov 1, 2014
New York
Folks,

My beloved, seven-year old Harmon 300i insert's rightside blower is not working properly. The blade assembly started making noise recently, and now it spins much too slowly to do any good. It also stops completely, at which point I can get it moving again by pushing it with my fingers. But again, it will spin too slowly to blow any wonderful hot air into my humble abode. Thus, the insert is essentially working at half-capacity because only the leftside fan is functioning.

(1) Has anybody had a similar experience with these blowers? I think they are used on several model inserts.
(2) Is it a serviceable part? I do not see any oil ports, and don't want to blow $200. Pun intended.
(3) Any suggestions? I don't mind taking the damn thing apart if anybody has any tricks to share.

Any help would be appreciated.

- The Oak Man

If this is a sleeve bearing motor then I oil the felt surrounding the bearing. If there is an oil hole this is easy, but if there isn't one, then I drill one carefully, clean it out and then put in 10-15 drops of light oil. I do this on both sides. That has resurrected several fan motors for me.