Harmon Accentra does not burn up to 1" from lip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

300winchester

Mar 5, 2011
USA
I have the feed setting on about 5, only goes to 6 but the burn ashes on the delivery tray are about 3 inches in, it says they are suppose to be about 1/2" from edge of lip, kinda hard to describe this problem, does anyone know what I am trying to say
Thanks

1" from lip is really based on stove temp 7 (aka wide open), so you're fine. Goal is simply allowing the stove to produce max heat when needed (based on esp probe) and throttle back when max heat isn't necessary. If you're not spilling pellets at 5, then roll with it until you change brands of pellets which might require you to adjust feed again. Enjoy.

Only time I've ever had the ash lip close to the 1/2 to 1" in manual was burning grass pellets with all setting wide open on my P61

lbcynya said:
1" from lip is really based on stove temp 7 (aka wide open), so you're fine. Goal is simply allowing the stove to produce max heat when needed (based on esp probe) and throttle back when max heat isn't necessary. If you're not spilling pellets at 5, then roll with it until you change brands of pellets which might require you to adjust feed again. Enjoy.

question.....at the base of your burn pot, maybe 3/4" from the end of the auger, do you have 5 holes? These burnpots tend to burn deeper than the non-holed ones, and Harman has been replacing these, as the increased temp close to the auger seems to cause auger and feeder tube erosion.

my unit doe not have the lower holes.

mine hangs back about 2"s
unless its running full tilt
then about 1"

Mine burns pretty low too, I usually have like 3 inches of ash piled up from the fire to the edge of the burnput. I'm not sure, but I don't think changing the feed rate when you are on Room temp does much.

Status
Not open for further replies.