Harmon Accenture FS low heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pt0872

Oct 8, 2006
Carver, Mass
Our stove is what we use to heat our small house. lately its been giving us problems.

Auger squeeling (fixed that)

Fan mode only seems to work on high.

But now the heat output seems low and its chilly. I've got the feed rate on 5 and the heat output hasn't increased at all.
I'm worried......I've cleaned it out like I do every 3-4 days. I've tried calling for service but no one has returned my calls. I've called 4 different service shops.

Our stove is what we use to heat our small house. lately its been giving us problems.

Auger squeeling (fixed that)

Fan mode only seems to work on high.

But now the heat output seems low and its chilly. I've got the feed rate on 5 and the heat output hasn't increased at all.
I'm worried......I've cleaned it out like I do every 3-4 days. I've tried calling for service but no one has returned my calls. I've called 4 different service shops.

I also have an Accentra FS - with its own problems at the moment (more on that later). I guess for low heat I would first look at what kind of pellets I am burning. Also, are you running on room or stove temp?

My question to you is how you got access to the feed auger to address the squeeling? My stove dropped dead night before last and I can't get a service guy here for 3 weeks. I think I may have a jammed auger but am clueless as to how to reach it.

I also have an Accentra FS - with its own problems at the moment (more on that later). I guess for low heat I would first look at what kind of pellets I am burning. Also, are you running on room or stove temp?

My question to you is how you got access to the feed auger to address the squeeling? My stove dropped dead night before last and I can't get a service guy here for 3 weeks. I think I may have a jammed auger but am clueless as to how to reach it.

RKS130,
Go to a thread on page 5 Dealing with Harman squeal- pulling auger/motor.
Started by Mighty Moe step by step with pics should help answer some??

Did you check for bridged pellets in the hopper?? reach in and stir up with your hand happened to me a couple of times.

Low heat, try a good cleaning first, including the vent pipe.

Is this a free stander or an insert? What does the venting consist of? Did you buy the cheapest pellets you could find? When was the last time you REALLY cleaned the stove and venting?

Eric

welp, if your stove used to adequately heat your home, and now it doesnt, using the same type of pellets.....hard as it is to hear, almost guarantee its dirty (either the pipe and/or the stove)

Status
Not open for further replies.