Harmon Advance polluting the house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverCityzen

Dec 23, 2007
Southwest United States
I've got an apparently serious problem with a relatively new Harmon Advance pellet stove. We are getting fumes/smoke inside the house. The piping has been inspected, and in fact replaced yesterday so it's all new, with no leaks evident there.

When the distribution blower first comes on in the morning, we get a big puff of smoke out the vent, right into the room. We also smell smoke most of the time.

Given that the piping is in good shape, I'm thinking there is a defect in the stove that is letting combustion chamber air mix with distribution air. Probably not a good thing.

Does anybody have any experience with this kind of situation with Harmons?

I'll be calling the dealer as soon as they open, but am hoping to get additional information in the meantime...

Many thanks in advance for any wisdom tossed my way...

Status
Not open for further replies.