Bill Bennion Posted By Bill Bennion, Apr 3, 2018 at 9:45 PM

1. Bill Bennion

Bill Bennion
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 2, 2009
    Loc:
    Lee, NH
    Is there a benefit to the Red ESP over the Black ESP on a PB 105. I do have a newer board.

2. Overfireinthehole

Overfireinthehole
    Member 2.
    NULL

May 5, 2017
    Loc:
    Miller MO
    Not really just make sure dipswitch 5 is set to on for a red wire or off for the black or white. The red one is a k type thermocouple and the old black ones were a thermistor type, basically the same as your room sensor. Tcouples increase in resistance with heat and thermistors decrease in resistance with heat. Now I’ve never worked on your specific model but I’m pretty sure the different boards handle the different probes the same way.

3. MSmith66

MSmith66
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 5, 2008
    Loc:
    Central NY
    depending on the control board that you installed will depend on the ESP probe used. The new board should have had a paper with it telling you what ESP probe color to use and what Dip switches to turn on/off. The wrong ESP probe will have your combustion blower running ALL the time, even when the stove is to be off many hours later.

4. rickwai

rickwai
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 1, 2011
    Loc:
    ohio
    The red probe is a little larger in diameter. It requires drilling the hole out. Usually it is not in a easy place to get a drill into. I just use the same as it had if replacement is needed.